Wow… I have never had to give an acceptance speech before. For what, you may ask?
Thank you first and foremost to the person who nominated me – fellow mom blogger and funny woman, Chantelle, creator of Mom Went Crazy. I love reading about your adventures in motherhood. It makes me feel that I am not alone. If those of your reading don’t already follow her blog, you should. Moms of a stylish feather flock together.
What exactly is style? It’s such an abstract word. I think many people too quickly jump to the conclusion that style equals fashion. But, it is so much more. But, who the heck am I to tell you? So, I decided to consult an authority: Merriam-Webster.
So now that you know more than you ever wanted to or knew you could about the word “style,” I will tell you why think it pays such an incredible compliment to someone like me. I take away from this award that the manner, the attitude, and the technique that I use to express myself is appreciated. (Maybe you like my shoes and handbags too, but that’s just a bonus.) Being a mom or a writer isn’t always easy or graceful. It takes work. So thanks to all that see that fact and for you, I will share seven little known facts about me behind the seemingly “stylish” exterior.
- I pick my nose. (In the comfort of my own home, of course, and only sometimes.)
- I love to eat stick pretzels dipped in salsa.
- I often cut my own hair – and the hair of my children. I am not particularly attached to it, and know it will grow back if I mess up.
- I hate waxing because it is too painful. I am devoted to razors until I can afford laser treatment.
- I have an aversion to wearing black on black. A black top and a black bottom rarely match in tone—so don’t do it.
- I used to workout before I had kids. Now, I have a glass of wine when I get home from work instead.
- I have abnormally large tonsils.
Don’t you feel closer to me now? We have bonded, and hopefully now, you can see that even awkward people with bad habits and unusual quirks can be stylish too.
Here are the bloggers that I think deserve some mad respect. They are not all moms, but these women sure can write. These get my vote for the Stylish Blogger Award – check them out.
Future for Fina
She’s pouring her heart out and taking readers on an emotional journey in pursuit of finding lover and herself.
She’s witty, intelligent and addictive
Sweet Peas and Stilettos
A slick, smart comprehensive guide to anything a mom could want, from food, travel, home, fashion and more!
An edgy, educated mama who has left the fast-paced world of product management to develop her own little products at home as a SAHM.
And of course, remember to visit www.MomWentCrazy.com who labeled me this thing called “style” in the first place.